- Nosh: The empire desperately needs to know where our friend is home is.
- Cuddow: And as fellow citizens of the empire, we're hoping you can help.
- Nyx #1: The empire.
- Nyx #2: The empire will have only been a construct of the mind.
- Nyx #1: Will have been impermanent.
- Cuddow: Um, ha ha! Yes! True, I suppose. Everything fades.
But for now, the empire still very much exists, and needs our help.
- Nyx #1: Agreement.
- Nyx #2: We will have been excited to help.
- Cuddow: Wait. So you will help??? (... I wasn't sure where you were going with the "mind-construct" thing, there.)
- Nyx #1: Discovery will have been as have will to be: greatest pleasure.
- Nyx #2: Thus! Small ship rider will have been machine sampled.
- [ominous device goes HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM]
- Skitter: "Machine sampled?" What does that mean?
- Nyx #1: These young Nyx never will have seen a creature as this.
- Nyx #2: But machine sample will have exchanged with older machine samples.
- Cuddow: Oh! They just want to compare you to their database.
- Skitter: But what are you gonna sample? I am getting bits of me hacked off.
- Nyx #1: That Nyx will have sampled your electromagnetic field.
- Nyx #2: This Nyx will have... found a match.
- Cuddow: You isolate species with their E-M field?? .. Daaaaang. ♩ ♫
- Cuddow: These cuckoo kids got it goin' onnnn
- Cuddow: ♫ From a science perspectivvvve ♪
- Skitter: THAT FUTURE-PERFECT TENSE IS KILLING ME. WAS I ALREADY SAMPLED OR NOT???